Saturday, January 31, 2015

Fasting for the people of Pucallpa - Nov 10, 2014

I just talked to my companion yesterday saying that we need to fast again. the mission only lets us fast 2 times every month, but everyone just does it once at the beginning of the month. I KNOW good things happen when we fast. but bueno, I never really had enough faith to fast specifically for miracles, because i didn't
1. want to be disappointed and
2. change the will of God.
But if its good, and IF I have that faith, why wouldn´t He deliver those miracles.
its a deal. We´ll fast this weekend, we´ll fast for miracles. thanks dad! also, I love sister boss and especially her talk. I like that people can teach with analogies like that and apply them so well to the gospel. It's what Christ did. He noticed everything from His surroundings and from it testified of the doctrine found.
Dad, I love the Gospel. I know God loves His children. Those who do not accept His existence, do so, not because they don´t believe in Him, its because they choose not to follow Him. It´s impossible to reject the existence of God, those who suffer, who make bad decisions just choose to put higher priority in the things of the world.
 When I lived at home, I NEVER put my clothes away, they went on the floor or the closet, or my bed. when grandma came over I stuffed them all under the bed or in the closet. they were out of sight. I made it appear like the clothes didn't exist, but they were still there, and when grandma left, Those clothes didn't just disappear because I hid them....in the end I had to answer for those clothes. They were always there.
ok, a bit dramatic, but that's how I feel at least about the people here in Pucallpa. They have a bible. they have the light of Christ, a conscience, they have us, and they have neighbors who are their examples. They know God exists, they know He is always there, always watching, always protecting them, but they choose not to listen. They choose not to change, They turn the blind eye, and THIS is what they will have to answer for in the final day. What are they waiting for?!? Dad, just explaining this to you, breaks my heart. It brings bitter tears to my eyes.....I love these people. I know every single one of them was created with me, next to me when we learned of Christ´s sacrifice, of God´s plan. I knew them before we came to this Earth, but it makes me very sad to see them putting higher priority to the things that don´t matter over our loving Heavenly Father.
Please pray and fast for the people of Pucallpa, of our nation, of our family. I hope they don't wait too long to change, I want to see them again someday, and I know that God does too.
dad I have to go! but I love you!
and stay safe! follow the guidance of the HG!
Hermana Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment