Saturday, January 31, 2015

por fin - Jan 12, 2015


Sorry, I thought I'd try to write a TINY family letter, haha, after like 7 months.
So Iquitos is cool. It`s like Indiana weather in the summer. It`s super hot and humid one second, then the next we`ve all got our sweaters and scarves on because its pouring tons of rain. Like it makes me question if God WOULD flood the Earth again. or at least Iquitos.......

Transfers are today! haha, my companion from Primavera, Hermana Reyes, emailed me last week and said Hermana Elizabeth the woman with SO MUCH FAITH has been praying that God will send me backto Pucallpa to now baptize her son, Josepth. Haha, i love her, but sadly, i don`t think God will let me back into the promised land, until I can find abundance in this land of Desolation......also my companion wants to leave :) idk if its me, or the area, or our district leaders or our sisters in the zone....haha, but i hope she stays. for her and for me. I love this little chilean, for all that she is and all that she does.
One of the perks of being a sister leader is that I get to work in EVERY area in this zone, except for the Elders' area, duh. But this week one of our sisters was having a mental breakdown panic attack morning/week, so we decided to go and do like an intercambio (exchange) for a few days. Which is very rare, but needed. I got to hang out with this misionary, and I realized what an AWESOME misionary she is. She`s just SO hard on herself and her imperfections. but as I helped her set her goals and reach them, as I taught with her, and just lived along side her. I realized how motivated she is. She just didn't have alot of faith, hope, love or patience with herself. She`s good now! she`s smiling and she`s hopeful :) I`m glad I could try and share a little of that gift which was given to me at birth ;) We`ve got to have hope for a better world, di? if not, nothing would ever change.
ok also......we`re NOT doing our best. we have low numbers, we`re not helping the families we have progress. buuuut, thats ok. i``m going to make that happen this week. whether my comp. feels like it or not. I have learned to love this area, and i WANT TO SEE PEOPLE IN WHITE. its been far too long. so, idk what pic this is, the computer wont show me, but I thought id share some. i`ll try to take more of my area, but in the  REALLY cool parts, i have much MORE fear that someone will rob me....but i`ll try this week :)
love you all!
happy new year!
hermana talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment