Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thanksgiving in Peru - Dec 1, 2014

haha, totally forgot about thanksgiving! My leaders, hermana kirk and hermana allphin are both from Utah, and they´re companions, they showed up to weekly planning wearing brown and tan and orange and red, i thought, how strange....oh yea! its thanksgiving day! they went home and baked a pumpkin pie.....for lunch i ate grilled chicken and rice......thanksgiving went unthanked in Primavera :/ It's ok, it´ll make it so much more sweeter when i get home!!!

So my year came and passed without much fuss, I asked my cook to find peanut butter and the bread from the states. haha, so by consequence, I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a week straight. breakfast lunch and dinner. ´be careful what you wish for i guess´ I haven't burned anything yet, i did throw my shoes in our trash burning pile though. the other day we got caught far from the house without our boots in a huge rainstorm, so I walked through questionable water and mud and let them dry. I´m not putting those ballerina flats on again unless I want a bad foot fungus. THOSE I plan on burning. but clothes. never clothes. don't worry :)
DAD i got the two packages! finally my leaders stopped holding them captive!!!!! aaaaand i was going to wait....but i opend the one for my birthday already! listen why. there is reason to my actions.
1. I think I'm getting changed this transfer, so i wouldn't have room
2. It had the other package from Abby in it too, so it was really combined with a package that I COULD open now.
3. I saw they were clothes while opening the package from Abby and really decided I needed new tops because the ones I have now have numerous holes in them.

Thanks for being a great leader in the church dad! Even though it shouldn't be this way....there are many members who become less active, or offended by other leaders and members, and for this reason they fall away. But really, a good leader makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
We would hope that if you were called to another calling, the young men would stay strong, and THAT is an even stronger evidence of what great strong priesthood holders they are.....teach them to be faithful members.

In my district, I only have Elder Hecker. he´s from...Las Vegas, but he´s in the area that's like an hour away from all of us. haha, and then in my zone my zone leader, the sister leaders, and the newbies are all American. But the sad thing is that our zone is weird, we finished this transfer with elders that were dying. like they all flew home this week. and they were the zone leader, district leader and trainers......
This week we finished it out strong. Juan and Dulce finally got married!?!?!?! and they have their hearts set on the temple. they´re getting baptized this 13 of December. We worked so hard this week. its a new rule in the mission to be able to teach a lesson every 30 minutes. so that means, teaching a lesson in 15 and walking to the next appointment and starting in the next 15. I finally got it down dad! I know where almost every new member, less active member and contact lives.
so, I´m getting transferred. right before my birthday, right before Christmas, right before the baptism of the family I love.
because life, nor the mission is fair.
idk transfers yet....but i´m just trying to emotionally prepare myself for them.

actually, this morning, I prayed about our baptismal goal for January, and about the transfers, I asked God to put me with the companion, in the calling that would make me be the missionary He needs me to be. I know I'm not done changing, nor learning.
Pray for me Dad.
Hermana Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment