Saturday, January 31, 2015

There is still SO much work still for me to do - Jan. 26, 2015

The Presidente has told me that I need to focus still. In my last interview with him, I told him I did this exercise with one of our sister missionaries. She was having a really rough time getting baptisms. She is a perfectionist. so she was just killing herself being here. She asked why she was here. She told us she had no faith in herself, but she THOUGHT she had faith in Christ :( so I used a trick Hermana Reyes taught me (my hija) (daughter, ie trainee) and I told this hermana that she should pray to the Lord and ask Him directly if He was satisfied with the work she was doing, or if she should just go home. I made her do it in our estudio de companerismo (companship study). I told her i didn't want her to talk to me, until she had prayed, reflected and wrote down everything she thought or felt. I did the same.
She calmed down, and now she`s doing better. but from this experience, the Lord also responded to me. I asked Him if what I had done was sufficient, or if He was mad I hadn't ALWAYS done my best. I did feel a little sad for all the times I COULD'VE been more diligent, but then an overwhelming feeling of...energy. filled my body. He let me know that there is still SO much work still for me to do. Like I could be happy with the work I had done, and constantly change. I cannot lose any time. I need to focus.
and then in my interview the president just reaffirmed that to me. He said there is much to do still.
This week was a testimony to that. We had 19 new investigators, and 5 of them were in the chapel! (after finding like 7 of the saturday!) Last night we set a date for a couple to even be married and baptized. Sachachorro is seeing Spring. this dead winter ground is sprouting so many potential members and bishops and teachers for the barrio (neighborhood) of Sachachorro. And I could not have seen this miracle without the help of the Lord and my wonderful companion. She is so humble, and so obedient.
speaking of spring. there are no seasons here. you could ask like 5 different people. some will say its winter, because its raining, or some say its summer cuz its so hot, spring and fall don't exist at all here....neither does winter really either. Haha, its hot. I wont lie. I sweat SO hard daily. but I realized, after converting celsius to farenheit, that I start to freeze and want a sweater and gloves at 20 or 18 degrees celsius. (That's the temperature the elders put the air conditioning at in our conferences and meetings) what is that, like 70 degrees? haha....

oh yea dad! could you send me some more money? I won't have enough to write you guys next week! Please? :) also, I need to buy new shoes...the average Peruvian shoe lasts me a good 2 cambios (transfers.  - 1 transfer = 6 weeks), then  it literally falls of my foot. I`ll take pictures, it's actually pretty impressive what the missionary life does for a ballerina flat. ( it makes it ugly and smelly)

Thanks for everything! I love you all! and pray for you every night :)
Hermana Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment