Sunday, August 17, 2014

My very own China Town - 26-May-2014

So I was thinking about this the other day. I REALLY wanted to serve a mission in Asia, like Dad, but turns out, Peru is my own little china town. The people here, the majority of them look like they`re from Asia! They have squinty brown eyes and we had one return missionary come to church yesterday that could pass as the asian prince from the Roger Hmmerstien african Cinderella. Also, remember when Allison would bug me about `cooking rice for all of China` They totally cook more than I did. They`re cooking for all of Peru!!! They eat SO much more rice here, and so much food in general. Oh yea, and they have motokars, which are like rikshaws, but instead of men running them, they`re motos.
So this week. I am learning patience, charity and love. We went to the clinic Lunes, and then Martes again. My companion has gastristis, and she was saying that her stomach was burning. So we spent all monday night in the clinic and then tuesday morning. She doesnt have anything. just pain, for eating things she shouldnt. So this week I`ve been trying to watch her. but she just eats this stuff anyway. I gave up trying. I hope the elder`s blessing will be enough to sustain her until she goes home to her country. She`s always plnning out her mission. She wants to leave this November to get married, but she wants to finish in her country, so she can also plan her wedding and apply to college.........I`ve really tried to help her. but I must not be a very good teacher.
Along with the life coaching, We tried to go running the other day, and i couldnt for the life of my me, FIND my shoes! My dearly beloved blue nimbus, worn running shoes. nor my proselyting shoes, nor my alarm clock, nor the makeup nd shoes of my companera..........Turns out the men who were putting in a cieling in our house, were also slowly snatching our things too. and when the owner of the house called them, no one answered. They left their ladders and a bunch of wood in the back.....
Haha, while I had hopes they would return, I starting thinking about shining the other shoes they left to give to them...because apparently they really needed women`s shoes, my companera starting fuming. calling everyone she could, furious. While i began studying about how to have charity. I felt so humbled that day, when we had discoverd our things lost to these strangers whom we had trusted. I really felt sad more than anything, but it went away and i was able to relax and continue our work. She is still upset bout this. I can testify, that when we can focus on our spiritual gifts and blessings, we can save ourselves from the stress and depression of things temporal. We lost more than our things that day, we lost a part of the spirit, and that more than anything really killed me.
I really love these experiences. They really are the best. It`s like a workout plan for cross country. I KNOW there will be days when we hve to `run intervals` when it will be tough, when I just want to stop carrying the burdens of everyone. but through these experiences. I become stronger. We are all running, or walking the same road, but we can become stronger and faster, and better, depending on how we walk, or run it.
Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting, our investigator, Ani 11 anos, said she wanted to bare her testimony, so i walked her up there. Haha, when we sat down, the daughter of our pencionista told me she wanted to talk to 6 years, then when i sat back down, the bishop`s daughter told me she had something to say too, 6 years. By the third time, i realized the Lord needed me to share my testimony as well as build it up to that point. After Elena had born her sweet testimony, I testified that, haha, obviously, i was being used as an instrument in the Lord`s hands, in that very moment to help these girls share their testimonies, hahaha, nd in this work. I know without a doubt I need to be exactly where I am. I don`t know who i am impacting, who i am to meet. But i know that i will impact someone for the better, nd that i will meet those i need to. and that the Lord has a plan for me while I am here. And for that i am SO grateful. I am SO happy to know that the Lord loves me, and that he loves me enough to challenge me and let me struggle through rough companionships or days. I know the Lord loves His children. Every single one of them. And i pray every single day that he will help me recognize these people that NEED the gospel and that NEED to know that they can recieve blessings if they obey His word.
Well I have to write the president about my week now, but take care everyone. and Enjoy this first week of summer vacation!!!!! woohoo! bacanaso para todos :)
hasta luego, y`all
hermana Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment