Sunday, August 17, 2014

Adios, cuidad de los cocos - 31-Mar-2014

Hey, they kicked me out of Tarapoto.
So we had cambios this last tuesday and everyone in the branch, in the zone, anyone anywhere knew Elder Henriquez and Elder Rodriquez, veterans de 8 meses or something like that, were leaving. A few of the missionaries were ready to leave too, but surprise, the Lord works in mysterious ways.....Only yo e Hermana Benyo got transfered. She`s in Iquitos right now, and I got shipped to Pocallpa Peru. Tarapota was a paradise, but I like Pocallpa too. It doesnt rain as much here, and it`s really flat, no hay montantas. The only struggle is the dust! My hair has turned another color, from the sun and from the dust and dirt that accumulates cada dia. OH yea, if you can think of those scenes from the Mummy whenever that guy travels anywhere he takes a dust storm with him, that that`s us.....except we can`t ever control it.
Mi companera se llama, Hermana Guidos, she`s from El Salvador and she`s only 19 years old. Haha, she is the sweetest little missionary ever. She definetly acts her age....well she acts 16 to be quite honest. but she has a strong testimony of the gospel. and she LOVES these people and you can see it. She is the most charitable person in the world.
With a lot of these latinos, they don`t have the support of their family back home. a lot of them left home without even telling their parents, a lot of them are defying generations of tradition to be here. They are so inspiring to me. Mi companera is so great. Estamos apprendiendo juntos ahora. haha, The work here is especially interesting. While they are baptising, they`re really focusing on rescuing those menos activos. we`ve had more lessons with members and less actives than with investigadores. These families are so great. i really have an instant love for all of them.
I still struggle like a gringa here, but sometimes people think i`m from Argentina, so I feel better about my spanish. It`s a process for sure.
Muchisimas gracias for your letters. Especially Uncle Jim, and Dad, always. I love getting advice on how to get along with my companion. I know I have so much to improve on, i just hope that those around me have the patience to help me learn.
Um in other news....What`s new. Idk what else to write about. Oh yea, my feet hurt. but it`s a good hurt. Haha, we walked 30 minutes in the BURNING sun just to get to a lunch appointment con el obispo. I`m going to come back black, well, bien rojo es mas accurate quizas.
This change has been so fun. My zone has so many of the same missionaries that came out of the CCM conmigo. Elder Hormeachae es en mi distrito y two other elders are in my zone. also, que mas, idk, i just really feel at home here already.
Especialmente con los miembros, i really feel their love and support.
I can  understand everything..haha, mas o menos. I know what`s being said, i still can`t reply with perfect grammar, but people understand me for the most part.
More to come, i love you all so much. I hope everyone is well.
Thank you so much for your help, your words, your examples, I use them all to strengthen my testimony of the Lord`s love for me and His plan for cada uno de nosotros.
I`m loving the work and working to love it all the time.
Hasta la pasta mis amados
Hermana Talbert

This is the picture of our house!
the segundo is the picture after my first day here. because their are THE MUMMY worthy dust storms here, when it rains, the mud just eats your whole leg into the earth. hahaha, i havent fallen yet. so thats a plus. It`s not quite as bad as KElsey`s area though.....I hope nothing lives in that river she`s standing in!


No comments:

Post a Comment