Sunday, August 17, 2014

Just the Bare necessities..... - 02-Jun-2014

Living in the jungle isnt as hard or primitive as it sounds. I´m still waiting for the day when I get to live in a treehouse...but thats fine. i´ll learn patience through that. Because of the nutso situation with my companoin and her boyfriends idea to leave her mission, i´ve been studying alot about the family.....and i learned this..
Excerpt from another letter that i want to share with the family:
I promise i´m not trunkie, haha, but this week in personal study i´ve have just been studying the CRAP out of the family, and marriage. Mostly because my comp. has issues with wanting to leave early to get married, and stuff like that. but I find it SO helpful when we teach these families. The scriptures are our manuel of ´how to live a happy life´. how to find happiness, how to study, how to be kind to our brothers and sisters, how to work and be successful, how to have a happy marriage and just any problem you´d ever have! I´m so far from perfect, but i am learning. I know i am progressing, because i honestly used to detest my companion, and now! i love her, i´m not worried or upset about anything. i honestly took a chill pill sometime this last week and the effects are marvelous. I can find the guidance of my HEavenly FAther MUCH quicker, and much more sincerely. So, back to my estudios. I´ve learned so much about HOW to be a parent. My calling as a missionary doesnt stop after i take this plaque off next year, We have been instructed as parents in Zion, to teach our children the doctrine of JEsus Christ. we are asked to teach them that they might understand, that they might develop a testminoy of their own and choose to be baptized and follow Christ. They will be our mini investigadores that we will need to teach, commit to read and pray and study, then help them to be faithful in the church. Mainly through our example i think, and through our teachings. With this companion, more than i´ve learned about marriage, i´ve learned about how to be a mom. And let me tell you, when I forget about myself, I honestly feel like i don´t have a burden in the world. When i carry someone elses burdens, sometimes it really  hurts. Sincerely, my heart hurt this past week listening to the stories and problems of others, and trying to help my companion get healthy..but i couldnt make a list of my problems to you right now. none come to mind! I am so greatful to have a FAther in HEaven who loves me, and gives me all of these experiences to be a better person and to learn to love unconditionally.
Thank you all so much for your prayers.
I´ll tell you once again, i love my mission. i love what i´m doing and i love the people here. Remember that the Lord has a plan for each one of us, and that this plan is unique por cada persona. But it all ends with the same purpose, in the same place, with Him. There is only one kingdom of God, only one Christ, our Savior, only one bautismo, one faith, and one church. That is the Church of JESUS CHRIST of latter day saints. His church was restored with all the same powers and purposes as when Christ came. I do not doubt this, and I know that by no other way, can we receieve all of the blessings God has for us and our famlilies, than by our membership, loyalty, obedience and knowledge of this.
I love Peru! and i love being a missionary!
Take care!
I love you al bunches
Hermana Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment