Sunday, February 23, 2014

When in doubt, Grill out



So sometimes our pencion is in his house, and sometimes he´s not. So we, mi companera and Elder Henriquez and Elder Nina, were all waiting for dinner, which is supposed to start at 5. and still no cena! We were hungry, and Hermana Nimia, the pencion´s mother, and our mother essentially too, told us to just eat something that night at the baptism. Well, this was not fun to hear for the two Americans. Hermana Martinez and Nina hardly eat anything anyway, but Elder Henriquez and I were like......uh, can we have something small to eat?  She looked at us like, what is there to eat, what could you want? She´s used to Mario preparing a banquet of fried food, and she knew we didn´t have much time. So I proposed we make grilled cheese sandwiches, because that´s quick and simple. She had no idea what this was, Elder Henriquez and I buttered up some bread, and made some delish grilled cheese for us all, and THEN haha, we used their tomatoe paste ketchup stuff to dip it in. WOW, was it satisfying. You can´t go wrong with American food from time to time. When in doubt, Grill out. 
So Elder Nina and Enriquez have been really succesful lately, their investigadores have really felt the desires to change. and their baptisms have been these last two saturdays! Enrique, from my previous letter is in this picture. He has such a LARGE HEART! and I love that Hermana Martinez and I could help him conocer la iglesia. The other night he gave me this sweet keychain, and he asked me what the significance was in english, It was ´Luis´ but it looked like Luz, which is light? and he said no, it´s a name, oh, cool......haha, he´s like it´s my name! I want you to keep it to remember me. It was really tender. I hope his children serve their missions in the US, and someday I get to meet them and feed them SO much food and help them baptize millions of my friends. So I can understand situations more and more now, and the conversation. My ability to speak is still lacking, but I can follow along with the conversation for the most part, unless people randomly change the subject, this is where I falter. We´ll be getting to know how someone has heard of the church or what not, and then they´ll be asking for a change, I hear the word cambio. ok......transfers? they were last week. no, they still look confused, ok, cambio, you want to change your life and be baptized? no, now my companion is giving me her ´you said something stupid´ face, ok, ask what the question is again.....she wants to trade eyes. yea, ok, sure, take them. no explain how that was relevant to what we were talkiing about. Haha, whenever we talk about the 10 commandments, and others that we as members should follow, whenever we talk about not coveting things, she always talks about my skin or my eyes. like freaking, i{m a missionary! not a posterboard you use to help you teach. woof, i´m struggling with her still, but hey, who doesn´t like a challenge? anyway, the spanish is SLOWLY improving, i think. haha, i hope. Last point..This saturday Maria Villanueve is getting baptized!!!! She has been visited by missionaries for 8 years now, and not until now has she accepted to be baptized. She is a lawyer and she had well, has SO many preguntas (questions) about everything. She is thorough and tough, and dedicated and faithful and strong. She plans on teaching her family and especially her husband so they can be married for time and all eternity in the Temple of the Lord. Her sons, Renzo, Frans y Leo, want to be baptized, but need to learn more and assist church. Our investigadores are few, but they are quality people! So, Morales is beautiful. It´s been really rainy lately though, which makes for more mesquitos. and uh....there´s a dengue warning for the area. A kid in our ward, Oscar had it this last month. but he´s still alive! So, I´m really very hopeful that if I get it, I will live. but really, my legs are so ugly. The elders have to wear hot pants...but at least their legs are covered. I{m going to have scars for the rest of my life, but I guess it can be something to show the children as evidence of my adventures in the Jungles of Peru! 
Yo tengo un testimonio del Libro de Mormon. Se que es un otro testimonio de Jesucristo y yo se porque yo leer cada día, yo meditar cada día, y yo preguntar a Dios in oracion si los contienes en este libro son verdadero. Como un misionara, yo nesecite un testimonio fuerte a dar mi conocimiento y mi testimonio para otras. Si yo no lo se, yo no lo ensenar. Yo se que Dios tiene un plan por cada de nosotros. Estoy aqui ahora, con Hermana Martinez, no a sufrir, para aprender y cambiar y desarrollar por mi experiencia. Se que Dios envio Jesucristo a la tierra a sacrificar y salvarnos de muerte espiritual y fisical tambien! Este es la Expiacion. Cuando Jesucristo vino, and suffrio en el Jardin de Gethsemene y muerte en la cruz por nosotros, el paved the way por nosotros a overcome our sins, our sorrows, our trials, and to even overcome death. That podemos volver a Dios con nuestros cuerpos perfecto y con un corazon y conscience perfecto. Este es mi testimonio, me ama este Evangelio y estoy MUY agradecida por los pactos yo hecho en el aguas del bautismo y en el templo. Se que este iglesia es verdadero, se que Jose Smith restaurado la iglesia bajo la direccion de Jesucristo, nuestros hermano mayor. Se que no hay un otra manera a volver a vivir con Dios y nuestros familias despues este vida sin el Doctrina de Cristo y un acceptance of this conocimiento. I love you all very much, and I am grateful to be here with my district, my companion, these members and siempre, con mi Padre Celestial and Jesucristo.
(I have a testimony of the book of Mormon. I know that is an another testament of Jesus Christ and I know because I read it all, registration I meditate, and I ask God in prayer if this book is true. As a misionary, I need a strong testimony to give my knowledge and my testimony to others. If I don't know, I don't teach. I know that God has a plan for each of us. I am here now, with Sister Martínez, not to suffer, in order to learn and change and develop my experience. I know that God sent Jesus Christ to the earth to sacrifice and be saved from spiritual death and physical too! This is the Atonement. When Jesus Christ came, and he suffered in the Garden of Gethsemene and death on the cross for us, he paved the way for us to overcome our sins, our sorrows, our trials, and to even overcome death. That we can return to God with  perfect bodies and with perfect hearts and consciences. This is my testimony, I love this Gospel and I am very grateful for the convenants I made in the waters of baptism and in the temple. I know that this church is true, that Joseph Smith restored the church under the direction of Jesus Christ, our elder brother. I know that there is no other way to return to live with God and our families after this life without the doctrine of Christ and an acceptance of this knowledge. I love you all very much, and I am grateful to be here with my district, my companion, these members and always, with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.)
Take care this week! HAsta la pasta
Hermana Talbert
Elder Henriquez




This is a featherless chicken. haha, the grandma had an idea to dress him, to keep him warm, and really for the wellbeing of everyone else, because it was quite disturbing to see him before clothes. trust me. 
how would you like your chicken nuggets to just get up and trot around the house. 
you wouldnt.
Hermana Talbert cooking some plantains 

No comments:

Post a Comment