Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bueno Bueno Bueno

Estoy un chistadora! (It is kinda like I'm a joker) haha, Hermana Benyo and I made up this wonderful word to say, like, JUST KIDDING, cuz theres no equivalent in spanish. The latinos used to be confused when we say it, now they just accept it and use it!!! IT{s spreading around the CCM like wildfire.
We did secret Santa, so I bought and wrapped the COOLEST Peruvian soccer ball. and i wanted to keep it for myself, but I actually wrapped it...which is really hard....then gave it to Elder Geddes. He LOVED it. haha, he was like the squirrel from ice age treasuring his precious, only one in existance, nut. He was happy with it, i was happy with his happiness. There{s just so much happiness in our Distrito. I got some sweet headbands, earrings, AND a little pan pipe. Im so excited. i{ll learn how to play it. Just you wait.
In other news, I{m sick. My voice has left me, but it comes back every now and then. The Latinos keep on telling us it{s because we like to pump the AC, so were not sweating bullets....but, we keep it on anyway. I love this country.My friends here really made sure I had a great day. It was a Happy 20th.
Well, many things happened this last week, pero (but), I just don{t have enough time allotted to me, while also obeying the rules....so, let me just tell you one experience I had this week. Our teacher pulled the trio outside, me, hma benyo and hma ogden, to just evaluate and give feedback our investigators. Maestro Meza told us what we needed to improve, and he also asked us what we were feeling. I didn{t like that question. I have a pretty effective, most of the time, philosophy that if you ignore it, it goes away. When I can ignore my feelings of frustration with a lesson, or an investigator, i figure it goes away....um, not true. When he asked us that, i just kind of opened up and told him, in broken caveman spanish how I felt that we weren{t progressing in our lessons and I was afraid we were just getting stuck on single topics lesson after lesson. I was getting impatient because I felt like the investigator was learning the first and second and third lessons over and over again.....but with no goal in mind? We were planning lessons and teaching just to teach.
My maestro (teacher) took a second and reminded me that we don{t teach....we lead to baptism in the true church of Jesus Christ. It was a total, hands to head, mind blowing moment. Right afterwards, I just scribbled down my objectives as a missionary. so i{d never forget why I was here, i wrote.
Who do I teach? Different people, with different knowledge of the Savior and His Gospel. ASK if they understand or have questions or worries. SHOW you love them.
What do I teach?
Why they should follow Jesus Christ
Why do I teach?
to invite to baptism. I must remember my objectivo (objective). Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el Evangelio restaurado mediante la fe in Jesucristó y Su Expiácion, el bautismo al arrepentimiento, la recepcion del don del Espiritú Santo, y preserverar hasta el fin. (Invite people to come to Christ by helping them to receive the Gospel restored through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, baptism unto repentance, receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit, and enduring until the end.)
I pray for every one of you. night and day.
Have a great week, Stay safe, and make good choices.
con todo mi corazon,
Hermana Talbert
(So I have two pictures from Jess, but I am struggling, so I will try again later in the week. lo siento)

No comments:

Post a Comment