Tuesday, January 21, 2014

La Vida es Mejor

Two months away from home yes. but really i´ve only been a missionary for a total of 3 weeks. Haha, it´s seriously so hard to learn how to be a totally different type of person, in another language. It´s posible.  i´m doing it, but imagine being trained to be a doctor in...Mongolian. and you´re just put right into the operating room. That´s how it feels to be me sometimes. I´ve already learned so much here. Mentally, temporally, physically, spiritually.
I{m serving in Tarapoto Peru. I{m in the Partido Alto Rama, branch, área. Morales 2. It´s like Lafayette, tarapoto, versus west Lafayette. our área is less city like, and more country like. a part of our misión is across the Cumbaza river, and it is just SO far away, and SO in the valley. Its muy tranquila, but the work is harder over there.
Teaching, is improving. Where is that scripture that says, first will come understanding, then your tongue will be loosed??? It´s hard to speak, because my gramar is so bad, sometimes people hear me, but dont understand. thats frustrating! but Little by Little, i can understand people more! At first i only mirrored their body language, and now I can understand what they mean.
Last night in fact, we went to teach the Ruiz familia and the two girls and father were baptized a few months ago. their oldest sister hasnt been yet. we´ve been teaching her. but she was absent last night....and the father is having drinking problems. he didnt come to church yesterday because he knew he wasnt worthy to take the sacrament. my companion and the member spend literally an hour, almost arguing with him about the commandments. I opened up Moroni 6 and mateo 18.20. I wrote a note to him and his family and stuck it in those scriptures and said, read this when we leave. think about it. If you dont read that, i{m not coming back. (obviously we would return, but i wanted to scare him) after my companions had talked for ages, and it was time to leave, WAY past our curfew, He said, now let hermana talbert talk. He explained, that even though ´she doesnt have very much to say, many times when she speaks, it touches me, i feel her words. So I then told him to read the note and so on. and that he can has the help of US our HF and the holy ghost. They had a goal to go to the temple together. Its really sad, because of his mistakes, his weaknesses, you could tell his WHOLE family was really really contentios and upset. I wonder if every parent realizes what an example they are to their children. In good or in bad ways.
That sounds like a great talk! I think I forwarded the misionary address.
Hermana Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment